Job Title: Communications Coordinator
Work Schedule: 15hours per week/ Monday through Friday as determined with Pastor/SPRC Some work may be remote. Potentially some evening meetings
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for oversight and coordination of all internal and external communications processes, including graphics used during worship service, the content and design of social media, print media (including signage, flyers, mailings) The focus ison the vision to which God has called us.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities and Expectations:
The Communications Coordinator is required to perform a range of duties including, but not limited to:
- Lead all promotional and marketing efforts for the church. This includes social media marketing, print, and using our database to create emails, texts, and targeted social posts.
- Responsible for creation and implementation of all worship communications–whether accomplished directly or delegated.
- Preparation of worship slides
- Video Announcements
- Graphics for information and announcement slides
- Take a leadership role in the Communications Team
- Coordinate internal communications:
- keeping up to date and accurate records of technology resources (usernames, passwords, agreement and renewal dates);
- keeping track of worship graphic resources and licenses, church legal documents and files, and church records.
- Oversight of signage, flyers, all visual materials on the church property.
- Will have primary responsibility for maintaining and updating the church website.
- Lead and develop relationships with outside communication vendors (e.g. printers, sign makers, graphic designers) including designers, videographers, and photographers.
- In cooperation with the pastor, will approve all social media content and will be able, as needed to produce newsletters and postings on social media platforms
- Provide support for communication team members in all of their roles (e.g. newsletter publication, Facebook posts.)
- MUST maintain current Safe Gatherings certification.
- Will remain current with Safe Gatherings policies for Social Media and will monitor Maplewood UMC’s compliance with these policies.
- Will maintain up to date and accurate knowledge of copyright laws pertaining to printing and streaming music and written materials over the internet and within the local church worship service and will be responsible for MUMC compliance with these laws.
- Work closely with the Worship Technology team, in particular with the need for training and intra-team communication.
- Administrative/office duties as required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- A strong understanding of design, copy and web best practices/guidelines
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Experience with a variety of softwarerelated to photo and video editing and graphic design.
- Experience with a variety of social media platforms
- Current Safe Gatherings certification including background check is a condition for continued employment. Training fees and compensation for training time will be paid for by Maplewood UMC.
Education and Experience
Education Background and Experience with art, graphic design, marketing or communications is preferred.
To apply send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Or mail to Maplewood United Methodist Church, 7409 Flora Avenue, Maplewood, MO 63143