Maplewood United Methodist Church will be participating in the national day of service along with other United Methodist Congregations this fall.
On the morning of September 13th MUMC will have several hands on mission opportunities:
- Preparing meals for Shalom House, a women’s safe house
- Bagging beans and rice for folks who need a nutritious meal
- Volunteering at L’Arche Community on a variety of projects
- Doing needed home repairs in Maplewood
- Signing up to help with the Mosaic Services 5K Run on September 20
- Helping with our Second Time Around Shop which will be open that day
MUMC will also host a lawn party during the day, providing a free lunch and fun activities to workers. Gather at the church in the early or late morning and lend a hand!
If any member of our congregation could use yard work or minor exterior/interior repairs please call the church office at 314-781-5902. In addition, if you know of folks in the community who could use some assistance let us know. Serve2014 (or whatever year!) is a part of the Mission & Justice outreach at Maplewood. At this time, we have an emphasis scheduled for every month between now and January 2015:
JULY – youth mission trip to Milwaukee
AUGUST – ‘Concert for a Cause’ and dance/party for MRH middle school
SEPTEMBER – Kickoff/day of service
OCTOBER – Adult mission trip to Joplin, MO plus book study and sermon series NOVEMBER — Thanksgiving meals
DECEMBER – Giving Tree and Build A Gift.